October 17, 2014

The Friday Five!


Linking up with the ladies for another installment of Five on Friday!
I hate mornings. And mondays. And working. But other than that I'm entirely happy.

1. I couldn't resist the card above.. sometimes it is so true! But today I have the day off which I am so grateful for! I'm sitting here drinking coffee, writing this post with a sleepy love pup at my feet-- this is the life!  I have plans to hit Target, Whole Foods, and Michaels. I am also planning to get some chores done around the house and we have people coming to replace all of the broken closet doors in our house! So excited. 

2. I recently started using activated charcoal to whiten my teeth and it works! I was skeptical at first but it has whitened my teeth and lifted some stains. I use the brand above, found at Whole Foods, and I take one capsule and break it open and sprinkle the charcoal on my toothbrush. I have a separate toothbrush that I use for this. I then brush my teeth in circles, taking care to be gentle so as not to damage my tooth enamel. After that, rinse, rinse, rinse with water. I do this every few days and it has definitely made a difference. However, don't expect a Ross Gellar teeth whitening situation, it's definitely a more subtle whitening. Also of note, this will stain porous surfaces. It didn't stain my bathroom sink at all but I do this with a towel laid down anyway. Oh and don't be alarmed if there is still black residue in your gum line after all the rinsing, that happened to me and I panicked so I brushed with baking soda and all that did was irritate my gums. When I brushed my teeth the next morning, the black residue came right off.  
Haha. I can ride my bike one million miles, but it is true, I can only run for two minutes.

3. Another year, another Baltimore Running Festival relay that I am ill-prepared for! I think I've run once since my half-marathon in May. Once. Ugh, I am not sure why I do this to myself and I definitely don't advocate for running without training but I can't back out now. To make it worse, I'm running leg three this year, which is shorter than the leg I ran last year but it's apparently mostly uphill. Great. At least this year, my co-worker is also running leg three so I'll have someone to talk to while I'm waiting. Won't have someone to talk to while running though, he's planning on running an 8:30 mile. No thank you. I'll stick with 10:30.
Goat Cheese Lemon Pasta with Kale Recipe on twopeasandtheirpod.com Make this easy pasta dish!
found

4. Planning on making this goat cheese lemon pasta with kale  from Two Peas and their Pod on Sunday and I am so excited. It looks so good and I am looking forward to eating kale in another form besides salad. Also planning on going to see Gone Girl on Sunday so it's shaping up to be the best day ever. 

Happy Friday, friends! 





SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Yum!! I am definitely going to check out that pasta recipe. Also, gotta love eCards!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig