August 21, 2014

Thoughts on Thursday

Thoughts for Thursday

Linking up with Natalie and Annie today!

My sister (Nat, from the link-up) did an introduction post last week and thought I would jump on the bandwagon! Obviously, I already know everything she wrote about in the blog post but I love reading these types of posts about bloggers I don't know. 

Name/Age/Location 
My name is Priscilla but almost everyone in my life calls me Prissy, a nickname I avoided having for years until my husband came along! A few people still call me Pris, though. I am 29 and hanging on as hard as possible to that last bit of my twenties! I've lived in Baltimore City for 5 years and absolutely love it here! 
Me, taking a selfie because sometimes they are fun.
Charm City

Work
Lion tamer, magician, soother of souls, otherwise known as a middle school teacher. I am currently working towards my Master's degree in School Library Media and Educational Leadership. I also own an Esty shop Prissy's Ponytails, where I sell handmade fold-over elastic hairties. Shop is currently empty but working on that update soon!

Family 
Husband- G as he is referred to on this blog
Children- Macy (four legged) Mini Schnauzer
G and I have been married for a little over 3 years and we welcomed Macy into our family on July 23, 2011. She was born on April 29, 2011 and I sometimes wish we'd named her Duchess. We are a very happy little unit and you can often find us snuggled up on the couch or at the dog park! 

Hobbies
Reading, cooking, yoga, traveling, running, blogging, trying new restaurants and foods, shopping, decorating, occasional DIY projects, entertaining.

What You'll Find on this Blog
-recipes
-travel posts
-posts about books
-musings on life and being a teacher
-weekend recaps sometimes
-shopping
-lots of Macy love

Favorite Movie
I don't even know if I can answer this. I rarely hate a movie I see. the last movie I thoroughly enjoyed was The Grand Budapest Hotel. I love the movie poster as well... considering getting a copy to frame and put above our bed. 

Favorite Book
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I know it is a lot of people's favorite book and with good reason, it was the first book that really taught me life lessons such as compassion and believing and acting upon what is right. Atticus Finch is, in my opinion, one the greatest literary characters of all time. My late grandmother and I both loved to read and shared a great passion for this novel. It is one of my most treasured memories of her. 

“Atticus said to Jem one day, "I’d rather you shot at tin cans in the backyard, but I know you’ll go after birds. Shoot all the blue jays you want, if you can hit ‘em, but remember it’s a sin to kill a mockingbird." That was the only time I ever heard Atticus say it was a sin to do something, and I asked Miss Maudie about it. "Your father’s right," she said. "Mockingbirds don’t do one thing except make music for us to enjoy. They don’t eat up people’s gardens, don’t nest in corn cribs, they don’t do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That’s why it’s a sin to kill a mockingbird.” 
~Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

Favorite Cake
White cake or Funfetti cake with Fluffy White icing. 

Standard Coffee Order
Hot Green tea or unsweetened iced tea.

Standard Bar Order
I mainly drink Pinot Noir, Syrah, or any DOCG Italian wine.

Favorite Food
I love sushi and we eat it almost every week. Truthfully, I love trying new restaurants and new foods and have too many favorites to list!

Typical Friday night dinner for us

Beauty Product You Can't Live Without
I don't typically wear makeup Monday through Friday. I wear makeup on the weekends if we go out somewhere but not always. My can't live without product is Dr. Hauschka's Normalizing Day Oil. This stuff is magic. It moisturizes my face perfectly and does not cause me to breakout like most lotions do. I have pretty oily skin so this may seem counter-intuitive but this stuff is perfect for my skin!

Bedtime and Wake Up Time
Anywhere between 9pm and 11pm and 5:3am and 6am during the school year.

Biggest Pet Peeve
People who get worked up over Starbucks spelling their name wrong on their beverages. Why do people care? It's a cup. A cup only you are likely to see and then you will throw it away. What is the big deal? There are far greater things to get worked up over in this world. 

Celebrity Crush
I have several: Justin Timberlake, Bradley Cooper, Channing Tatum, Matt Bomer, Robert Downey, Jr., and Mark Ruffalo. I'm kind of all over the map with these celebrity crushes and some of them have to do with characters they've played, for example: I loved Alley McBeal and adored RDJ's character on that show. Don't get me wrong, I also think he's super handsome :) I also probably wouldn't go for a guy who is super jacked like Channing Tatum but oh I love how that guy can dance! 
                              
                                            

Don't think there is much else about me to know, but feel free to ask if there is! 














SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Who is Priscilla? I don't know anyone by that name. Ha.

    So jealous that you don't wear make-up. I cannot leave the house without it! I wish I didn't feel it necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Q&A...I never realized you and Natalie were sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stumbled across your blog
    Love this post- great to meet you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig