September 13, 2012

Gray Paint Inspiration Photos

Since we close on the new house in less than a week and all of our paperwork is signed, sealed, delivered I don't feel so superstititous sharing some details about the house. We are painting the downstairs, our bedroom, and possibly the master bathroom. They will all be pretty much some form of gray because I fucking love gray. I know that like every blogger in the land loves gray but my love for gray runs deep and my love for it will outlast any trend.
 
 
On that note, I found incredibly difficult to find the perfect gray for downstairs and our bedroom. I found some wonderful inspiration photos on the web and literally ran through every gray Benjamin Moore produces. I texted my sister daily for weeks saying, "Check out Galveston Gray" or "what do you think of Chelsea Gray for the master?" or "is Balboa Mist too neutral?". I'm really suprised she didn't lose her shit on me.
 
 
After a few weeks,I'd narrowed (using that word loosely) it down to these grays:
 
 
Finally, after weeks and weeks, I decided on Benjamin Moore Abalone for the downstairs and Benjamin Moore Harbor Gray for our master bedroom.
 
Here are my inspiration photos:
 
Abalone
How gorgeus is this color??? I die. (source)
 
LOVE. (source)

 
Harbor Gray

I can't wait to see this color in our bedroom (source)


Looking at these pictures, these colors look eerily similar but from my research I've heard that Abalone is very neutral and that Harbor Gray is darker than expected. Obviously, I'm still going to test them out on my walls when I get in there (finally!) on Monday but I'm feeling pretty confident about colors!

Do you have a gray paint color you love? I probably shouldn't ask because I'll drive myself (and many others) crazy but please do share!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig