July 26, 2012

Inspiration

This is not a post about the new house. Rather, it is a post of things that I'm excited about/inspired by in terms of leaving behind this apartment and moving to a bigger space. Since I read decor blogs and use Pinterest and Houzz on the regular and did so before we were even considering moving, I don't view this as jinxing anything. It is just me sharing things that make me excited about houses in general.

Things I'm looking forward to about one day having a real house:

....being able to paint/wallpaper. Loving the idea of navy blue walls, beige walls, gray walls, wallpaper. I have so many ideas its going to be hard to par them down!

Kerrie L. Kelly dining room
Kerrie L. Kerry

- traditional - living room - chicago - Michael Abrams Limited
Michael Abrams Limited

Pinned Image
Tara Seawright

....being able to entertain. Currently we live in a 900 sq. foot apartment and we eat dinner at the coffee table. It will be nice to be able to have guests over for a real dinner or host parties!

.
Martha Stewart Weddings


Image via Pinterest

Bar cart! For entertaining guests
VIA

 

...being able to have a space to myself and to organize! We've lived here for three years, couple that with the fact that I moved from my parents house where I had a lot of space plus the gifts we received from our wedding last year, there is stuff in every nook and cranny in this apartment. It will be nice to have a space to do work that doesn't feel overly cluttered.


Office of Jen Ramos of Made By Girl

lovely workspace / Nice and organized.
VIA


Workspace of Monika Hibbs of The Doctor's Closet

 

 

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Love all the inspriration! Can't wait to help you decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all great pictures to get inspired by! I can't wait to see how you put your own personal touch on the place.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig