November 13, 2013

Lately...

Do What You Can

I've been trying very hard to be positive this school year. We got two first year teachers in our department and they are great and definitely the dose of good we needed as of late. I've tried so hard to stay positive but its back again. The exhaustion. The frustration. The constant "What I am doing here?" thoughts. Long hours, heavy workload, and students who want to do what they want to do when they want to do it and will make your life miserable if you don't let them have taken their toll.

I don't want to complain and be sad and angry because lately I've started become just a tad annoyed at all the complaining we teachers seem to do. But. But damn, lately it's been hell and I'm back to reconsidering my career choice.

Thankfully, Thanksgiving break and Christmas break (!) are nearing soon and we (me and them) will get a necessary reprieve from each other. Here's hoping we all make it.


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Teaching is the most frustrating job in the world. People who haven't done it don't understand. Keep on keeping on...the holidays are almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I teach as well and can definitely relate. Honestly, it's sad how screwed up the educational system is. Push through it!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig