November 16, 2017

Thoughts for Thursday: What We're Buying for Baby #2!



California Baby Calendula Body Wash /Shampoo  and Cream: My first son had terrible cradle cap and this is the only brand that worked to get rid of it so I'm stocking up on this from the get go. My formula was pretty simple: wash his hair with the shampoo, brush his hair with a soft bristle brush, and then a touch of cream on his scalp. Worked like a charm! 

Baby Boy Gowns: I had a few of these for J but I honestly never used them because I didn't like the look of them and while the look still isn't my favorite, I think they are a smart investment for time's sake. Plus, there are some adorable prints out there. These are from Target but Spearmint Baby also carries adorable gowns at a bit of higher price point, though. 
Hatch Baby Rest: I plan to use this mostly as a nightlight for myself when the baby finally moves to his own room but is still nursing at night. The Hatch Baby Rest also serves as a sound machine (I prefer to use a fan as a sound machine) and an ok-to-wake signaling device for older kids (this is a super appealing option to me), love that it is multi-functional at a decent price. A bonus feature is that it can be controlled from your phone! 

Skip Hop 'Chelsea' Diaper Bag: I had this diaper bag with my first son and I loved it. Stupidly, I sold it and now with baby #2 on the horizon, I'm regretting that decision. Mainly because I need all the pockets this diaper bag has. This bag kept me super organized because there was a compartment for everything. I'm seriously considering buying it again. 
Zutano Booties: I didn't buy these with my first son until he was 6 months old and I wish I had had them sooner. I'll be buying these in both newborn and 3 months sizes for this baby. They are the best at staying on and keeping baby's feet warm. Plus, they are the cutest! 
DockATot Deluxe: I'm on the fence about buying a DockATot. On the one hand, everyone raves about it but on the other hand, what if this is my last baby? Is it worth spending that much on a baby item I'll only use for a little while? I imagine the resale market would be pretty good but it's still an investment up front. It seems like being able to put this anywhere while I'm downstairs with J would be incredibly useful. Any advice on whether or not to purchase would be appreciated!
UppaBaby Vista Double Stroller: I've already purchased this stroller and goodness is it pretty. This has been my one splurge so far and it seems worth it. This stroller glides like a dream. I'd like a side by side double stroller as well and will look for one used but these city streets require a stacked double stroller and this was the clear winner when I polled my other city mamas. I was able to score a bunch of accessories used from another mom so that is a big help, too. 
BabyBjorn Bouncer Balance: We didn't have a bouncer for J and I'm definitely interested in getting one for this baby. I love that this one by BabyBjorn sits upright as I have a feeling this baby is going to enjoy watching his big brother! 
Pottery Barn Emerson Mini Crib: This is another purchase I am undecided on as of now. We have discussed moving several times but I honestly don't know if that will happen. If we don't move, we'd likely end up having the boys share a room (we only have 2) and I don't think a full size crib would fit so we'd have to get something smaller. If we do decide to move, I'd just get him a regular size crib. For what it's worth, this crib is very pretty and I love the matching furniture that goes with it so I'd consider the full size crib as well. 


SHARE:

1 comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig